Thursday, November 04, 2004

I see there is hope - volunteer

John Kerry lost.. it never really matter to me coz I am living in Malaysia. Neither I care much abt politics in my own country.

But American election has such wonderful drama and the final moments are always the most memorable.

During John Kerry's losing speech to his supporter, the one that attracted my attention most is the following extract...

"And to all the volunteers, all across this country who gave so much of themselves. You know, thanks to William Field, a six-year-old who collected $680, a quarter and a dollar at a time selling bracelets during the summer to help change America. Thanks to Michael Benson from Florida who I spied in a rope line holding a container of money, and turned out he raided his piggy bank and wanted to contribute. And thanks to Alana Wexler who is 11 years old and started kids for Kerry all across our country. I think of the brigades of students and people, young and old, who took time to travel, time off from work, their own vacation time to work in states far and wide. They braved the hot days of summer and the cold days of the fall and the winter to knock on doors because they were determined to open the doors of opportunity to all Americans. They worked their hearts out, and I wish… you don't know how much they, could have brought this race home for you for them, and I say to them now, don't lose faith."

such a wonderful spirit of volunteerism, ocean of generousity and peace of mind eventually. This is what it takes to make the world a better place.

No comments: