TIPS FROM USA POLICE
This is a good reminder for all of us. You can never Read this too manytimes!
1. Tip from police: The elbow is the strongest point on your body.If youare close enough to use it, do!
2. If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM.Toss it away from you....chances are that he is more interested inyourWallet and/or purse than you and he will go for the wallet orpurse.RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car: Kick out the backtail lights and stick your arm out thehole and start waving like crazy.The driver won't see you but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
4. Women have a tendency to get into their car after shopping, eating,working, etc., and just sit (doingtheir check book, or making a list,etc.) DON'T DO THIS! The predator will be watching you, and this istheperfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gunto your head, and tell you whereto go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.
5. A Few Notes About Getting Into Your Car In a Parking Lot, or ParkingGarage:
A. Be aware: look around you; look into your car, at the passenger sidefloor, and in the back seat. (And check out under the car as youapproach.)
B. If you're parked next to a big van you should enter your car fromthe passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pullingthem into their vans while the women are attempting to get into theircars.
C. Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle and thepassenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest yourcar, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and getaguard/policeman to walk you back out.IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFETHAN SORRY.(And better paranoid than dead.)
6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. (Stairwells arehorrible places to be alone and theperfect crime spot).
7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control,ALWAYSRUN! The predator will only hityou (a running target) 4 in 100 times;And even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ,RUN!
8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP IT!It may getyou raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking,welleducated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspectingwomen? He walked with a cane, or a limp, and oftenasked "for help" intohis vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his nextvictim. Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird. The police told her "Whatever you do, DONOT open the door." The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over.The policeman said, "We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT open the door." He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby cry recorder and uses it to coaxwomen out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby.He said they have not verified it, but have had several calls by womensaying that they heard baby cries outsidetheir doors ! when they're homealone at night. Please pass this on! and DO NOT open the door for a crying baby. This e-mail should probably be taken seriously because the Crying Baby theory was mentioned on:America's Most Wanted this past Saturday whenthey profiled the serial killer in Louisiana. Please forward this to all the women you know. It may save a life. Acandle is not dimmed by lightinganother candle. I was going to forward this to theladies only, but guys, if you loveyour mothers, wives, sisters, daughters, etc., you may want to pass iton to them, as well.
sounds like it is really tough world out there...