Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Author/physician Shigeaki Hinohara On Longer Life

His diets:

For breakfast I drink coffee, a glass of milk and some orange juice with a tablespoon of olive oil in it. Olive oil is great for the arteries and keeps my skin healthy. Lunch is milk and a few cookies, or nothing when I am too busy to eat. I never get hungry because I focus on my work. Dinner is veggies, a bit of fish and rice, and, twice a week, 100 grams of lean meat.

His Schedules:

My schedule book is already full until 2014, with lectures and my usual hospital work. In 2016 I'll have some fun, though: I plan to attend the Tokyo Olympics!

On Materialistic:

Remember: You don't know when your number is up, and you can't take it with you to the next place.

His Advises:
  • There is no need to ever retire, but if one must, it should be a lot later than 65.
  • Share what you know.
  • To stay healthy, always take the stairs and carry your own stuff.
  • Science alone can't cure or help people
Check out the original article.

No comments: