Thursday, February 16, 2006

the steve in me...

I was actually viewing Basic Instinct 2 over at Apple's Trailer web site when I thought to myself shouldn't I be more productive ?

Therefore, after viewing the trailer (which Sharon Stone thaught us about aging), i switched to other pages and then suddenly I was thinking of reading more about Apple's employees.

I tried to search for "Apple+employees" but don't really get the desirable search. Then I thought well maybe just search something about "steve job.."

and i found this site about his speech on life to graduates at stanford Universities during 2005. I remember I heard about the story but never quite read the full text.

It is a great speech because it touches on how a person went on to be adopted from his biological parents to college drop-out, keeping afloat a healthy and positive mind, went on the create the first ever GUI-computer and then at the age of 30, being fired and go back to square one. Restarted his life and at another peak, faced death from cancer threat and eventually survived.

A few meaningful quotes which would touch your soul...

On dropping out of college:

"you can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future."

"You have to trust in something - your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life."

On having nothing to eat:

"I didn't have a dorm room, so I slept on the floor in friends' rooms. I returned coke bottles for the 5¢ deposits to buy food with. And I would walk the seven miles across town every Sunday night to get one good meal a week at the Hare Krishna temple."

On hitting rock bottom:

"Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick.

Don't lose faith.

I'm convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did.

You've got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.

If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle."


On Death:

"No one wants to die.

Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because death is very likely the single best invention of life.

It is life's change agent.

It clears out the old to make way for the new."


The most important things:

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.

Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking.

Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice.

And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."


The steve in me...

Reflecting that in me... I have had a struggled life.My teenage years was a painful one.Five years back, I was so sick that I thought I was dying, but somehow I survived.and all those bad experiences helped to evolve me into a better human. Wisdoms gained and forgiveness blossoms.Aging as we can't escape it, is a beauty which I am beginning to enjoy. The best way to do this is never allow yourself to be convinced that yesterday was always better then tomorrow. Do u trust this man?Period.

No comments: