Hence, foods that has to be taken minimally are:
- Beverages - carbonated drinks, cocoa drinks.
- Cereals & grains - bakery products which contain yeast/self - raising flour / baking soda.
- Eggs (yolk) and cheese products.
- Processed meats - burgers, sausages, patties, nuggets etc
- Sauces and condiments - instant cooking powders/sauces, fish paste, sesame seeds, soup cubes, marmite/vegemite, peanut butter, dried shrimps and mushrooms
- Dairy /milk products - especially skimmed milk powder
- Fruits - dried fruits like raisins & sultanas.
Vegetables and fruits are to be consumed at appropriate portions and be cautious about fruits with high potassium level.
For more details, refer to NKF.